Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shoo Fly Cake


Last Thursday Bowen and I made an apple pie for Ag Day at Orange High. He, unfortunately, didn't get to have any and I said I would make one this week. Well, here it is Wednesday and there's been no sign of a pie in this house. Today I decided I would do a super quick, easy, and delicious replacement cake. I'm sure the peeps won't mind! This is a recipe from my mom, which I've modified slightly. No, I didn't get rid of the fat, I just made it yummier!

Shoo Fly Cake

4 c. flour
1 c. butter (2 sticks)
1 box brown sugar
Pinch of salt
Mix above ingredients.
Measure two cups and set aside.

Add to the remaining mixture:
2 c. boiling water
1c. molasses (unsulphured)
2 tsp. baking soda

Pour into a 9" x 13" baking pan, sprinkle two cups reserved flour and butter mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Check at 35 minutes!

For super deliciousness, top with pure whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment